advertisement

Introduction

Origins

The City

Collegeville (1887, 1895)
College Delta (1898, 1899)
Oakwood (1899)
Cedar Banks (1900)
College Grove (1903)
Fairview (1904, 1905)
College Heights (1904)

Charter of 1907

Avondale (1913)
Bungalow Knolls (1916)
Chesterfield Hills (1916)
Ardson (1919)
Ridgeley Park (1921)
Strathmore (1925)
Glen Cairn (1926)
Bailey (1927)
Touraine (1927)

The Campus

Chronology

1855–1870
1871–1885
1886–1900
1901–1915
1916–1927

 

Interactive Map

Sites on the National and State Historic Registers

Complete list of
Significant Structures

Sources

Gov. Wilber M. Brucker House, 619 M.A.C. Ave.
(c. 1925 - c. 1999)

Wilber Marion Brucker (1894–1968) served as Governor of Michigan 1931–1932. He also served as Secretary of the U.S. Army 1955–1961, during which time the Army launched the first U.S. satellite, Explorer 1.

This was one of three former homes of Michigan Governors listed as a significant structure by the East Lansing Historic Commission. In the late 1990s it was owned by the Zeta Tau Alpha sorority, which wanted to use the land to expand the parking lot of its chapter house next door. Efforts were made to find a buyer for the house who would move it to another site, but this never came to fruition and the house was demolished.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]