Builders Hardware, 121 N. Harrison (c. 1880)
Builders Hardware, February 1992. Photo Credit: Kevin S. Forsyth.
The oldest existing commercial building in East Lansing, its sketchy background indicates it might have originally been a grocery store that predated the Collegeville development. East Lansing Historic Commission documents cite its date as circa 1910, which might have been when it was moved about 500 feet north from a location closer to Michigan Avenue.[Miller, p. 24.]