advertisement

Introduction

Origins

The City

Collegeville (1887, 1895)
College Delta (1898, 1899)
Oakwood (1899)
Cedar Banks (1900)
College Grove (1903)
Fairview (1904, 1905)
College Heights (1904)

Charter of 1907

Avondale (1913)
Bungalow Knolls (1916)
Chesterfield Hills (1916)
Ardson (1919)
Ridgeley Park (1921)
Strathmore (1925)
Glen Cairn (1926)
Bailey (1927)
Touraine (1927)

The Campus

Chronology

1855–1870
1871–1885
1886–1900
1901–1915
1916–1927

 

Interactive Map

Sites on the National and State Historic Registers

Complete list of
Significant Structures

Sources

H. A. Childs House, 343 M.A.C. Ave. (1911)


H. A. Childs House, November 2003. Photo Credit: Kevin S. Forsyth.

“Architect Harold A. Childs designed this house for his father-in-law Samuel Cochrane. After Cochrane’s death, it became Childs’ own residence. The home is currently [1992] occupied by Lelle Childs Robertson, Childs’ daughter.”[Landmark Walking Tour] Childs also designed the Orchard Street Pumphouse.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]