Charles B. Collingwood House, 526 Sunset Lane (1905)
C. B. Collingwood House, November 2003. Photo Credit: Kevin S. Forsyth.
C. B. Collingwood (M.A.C. ’85, M.S. ’90) was Postmaster of the Agricultural College and was on the committee to write the city’s charter. He was later a Circuit Court judge for Ingham County. “When Oakwood was originally designed, Sunset Lane was an alley running along the rear of lots facing wide Forest Street. Collingwood apparently took a fancy to the name, however, and built this mansion in 1904 to face Sunset. The narrow street then became very popular. The house has sheltered many fraternities over the years.”[Kestenbaum, p. 14. Yakeley, p. 46]