advertisement

Introduction

Origins

The City

Collegeville (1887, 1895)
College Delta (1898, 1899)
Oakwood (1899)
Cedar Banks (1900)
College Grove (1903)
Fairview (1904, 1905)
College Heights (1904)

Charter of 1907

Avondale (1913)
Bungalow Knolls (1916)
Chesterfield Hills (1916)
Ardson (1919)
Ridgeley Park (1921)
Strathmore (1925)
Glen Cairn (1926)
Bailey (1927)
Touraine (1927)

The Campus

Chronology

1855–1870
1871–1885
1886–1900
1901–1915
1916–1927

 

Interactive Map

Sites on the National and State Historic Registers

Complete list of
Significant Structures

Sources

Grant Hudson House, 1012 Chesterfield (1917)


Grant Hudson House, February 1992. Photo Credit: Kevin S. Forsyth.

Grant Martin Hudson (1868–1955) was a Baptist minister, erstwhile merchant, and member of the Anti-Saloon League who served two terms in the State House of Representatives before he arrived in East Lansing. He was elected city alderman here in 1922, but that same year he won election to the U.S. Congress, representing Michigan’s Sixth District from 1923 to 1931. In later years he was an insurance agent in Lansing and held a succession of lesser appointments in state government. He died at Kalamazoo and was interred at Mount Hope Cemetery in Lansing.[U.S. Congress biography]

 

[an error occurred while processing this directive]