advertisement

Introduction

Origins

The City

Collegeville (1887, 1895)
College Delta (1898, 1899)
Oakwood (1899)
Cedar Banks (1900)
College Grove (1903)
Fairview (1904, 1905)
College Heights (1904)

Charter of 1907

Avondale (1913)
Bungalow Knolls (1916)
Chesterfield Hills (1916)
Ardson (1919)
Ridgeley Park (1921)
Strathmore (1925)
Glen Cairn (1926)
Bailey (1927)
Touraine (1927)

The Campus

Chronology

1855–1870
1871–1885
1886–1900
1901–1915
1916–1927

 

Interactive Map

Sites on the National and State Historic Registers

Complete list of
Significant Structures

Sources

Linda E. Landon House, 447 Grove St. (c. 1918)


Linda Landon House, November 2003. Photo Credit: Kevin S. Forsyth.

Linda Eoline Landon was the first female instructor at M.A.C., its “beloved librarian” beginning in 1891, and “presided for a third of a century over a growing collection of books and periodicals that was one of the best among independent land-grant colleges.”[Kestenbaum, p. 60] The library’s rapid growth during her reign resulted in the building of a brand-new Library in 1924.


Mrs. Linda E. Landon “presides” in the Library–Museum circa 1896.
Photo Credit: Chace Newman Family. Reprinted in Kestenbaum, p. 60.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]