Newell A. McCune House, 504 Abbot Rd. (c. 1920)
N. A. McCune House, November 2003. Photo Credit: Kevin S. Forsyth.
“Newell Avery McCune, M.A.C. ’01, was pastor of Peoples Church from 1917 to 1948. During McCune’s pastorate, the Church’s rapid growth paralleled that of the City. As a dominant community figure, McCune helped protect the ‘dry clause’ in the City Charter, which was not repealed until 1968.”[Landmark Walking Tour]