advertisement

Introduction

Origins

The City

Collegeville (1887, 1895)
College Delta (1898, 1899)
Oakwood (1899)
Cedar Banks (1900)
College Grove (1903)
Fairview (1904, 1905)
College Heights (1904)

Charter of 1907

Avondale (1913)
Bungalow Knolls (1916)
Chesterfield Hills (1916)
Ardson (1919)
Ridgeley Park (1921)
Strathmore (1925)
Glen Cairn (1926)
Bailey (1927)
Touraine (1927)

The Campus

Chronology

1855–1870
1871–1885
1886–1900
1901–1915
1916–1927

 

Interactive Map

Sites on the National and State Historic Registers

Complete list of
Significant Structures

Sources

Taft House, 446 Grove St. (c. 1918)


L. R. Taft House, November 2003. Photo Credit: Kevin S. Forsyth

Levi Rawson Taft (August 22, 1859 – February 12, 1941) was Professor of Horticulture and Landscape Gardening (1888–1902), and state inspector of nurseries and orchards, 1902 onward. During his tenure he and his family lived on campus in Faculty Row № 9, and beginning 1909 lived in Faculty Row № 8. He and his wife Ella raised six children, all of whom became M.A.C. graduates: Grace Helen (’04), Lillian Maynard (’05), Howard Austin (’11), Hazel Charlotte (’10), Harry Goodell (’12), and Ethel (’16).[Beal, pp. 426–428. Minutes, 13 Jun 1916, p. 264.]

[an error occurred while processing this directive]