Skip to content

A Brief History of East Lansing

  • Introduction
  • Timeline
Essays on the people, buildings, and events in the conjoined histories of East Lansing and Michigan State University, with a particular interest in the Michigan Agricultural College era (1855–1925), and a timeline of significant events.

Featured Post

Veterinary Clinic (1915)

When M.A.C. finally established its veterinary surgery program in 1910, a purpose-built clinic followed. Decades of additions and alterations buried it almost beyond recognition — but the Veterinary Clinic of 1915 still stands, hidden within the walls of Giltner Hall. Read More. →

Recent posts

←Previous Page
1 … 6 7 8 9 10 … 20
Next Page→

  • Chemical Laboratory (1871–1955)


  • Professor Robert C. Kedzie


  • Faculty Row № 7 (1857) — Cowles House (1950)


  • Bacteriology Laboratory — Marshall–Adams Hall (1902)


  • The Semicentennial Celebration of 1907


  • The Women’s Cooperative Houses (1936–1956)


  • Horticultural Building — “Old Horticulture” (1925)


  • Horticultural Laboratory Building — Eustace–Cole Hall (1888)


  • The Trolley Station (1902–1924)

←Previous Page
1 … 6 7 8 9 10 … 20
Next Page→

A Brief History of East Lansing

A history of Michigan State University and the college town it engendered.

A Brief History of East Lansing by Kevin S. Forsyth is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0.

About

  • Sources
  • Land Acknowledgement