Skip to content

A Brief History of East Lansing

  • Introduction
  • Timeline
Essays on the people, buildings, and events in the conjoined histories of East Lansing and Michigan State University, with a particular interest in the Michigan Agricultural College era (1855–1925), and a timeline of significant events.

Featured Post

Veterinary Clinic (1915)

When M.A.C. finally established its veterinary surgery program in 1910, a purpose-built clinic followed. Decades of additions and alterations buried it almost beyond recognition — but the Veterinary Clinic of 1915 still stands, hidden within the walls of Giltner Hall. Read More. →

Recent posts

←Previous Page
1 … 8 9 10 11 12 … 20
Next Page→

  • Alonzo Proctor Tollhouse (1851)


  • The Old Plank Road


  • Bigelow–Kuhn–Thomas House, 334 N. Hagadorn (1849)


  • Butterfield–Ayers House, 134 Center Street (c. 1895)


  • 291 Durand St. (1926, but purported 1884)


  • Cowley House, 1140 Michigan Ave. (1922)


  • John H. Cowley House, 120 Cowley Ave. (1907)


  • Johnson–Stoddard House, 1107 W. Grand River (1926)


  • Ernst A. Bessey House, 213 University Dr. (1922)

←Previous Page
1 … 8 9 10 11 12 … 20
Next Page→

A Brief History of East Lansing

A history of Michigan State University and the college town it engendered.

A Brief History of East Lansing by Kevin S. Forsyth is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0.

About

  • Sources
  • Land Acknowledgement