Skip to content

A Brief History of East Lansing

  • Introduction
  • Timeline
Essays on the people, buildings, and events in the conjoined histories of East Lansing and Michigan State University, with a particular interest in the Michigan Agricultural College era (1855–1925), and a timeline of significant events.

Featured Post

Veterinary Clinic (1915)

When M.A.C. finally established its veterinary surgery program in 1910, a purpose-built clinic followed. Decades of additions and alterations buried it almost beyond recognition — but the Veterinary Clinic of 1915 still stands, hidden within the walls of Giltner Hall. Read More. →

Recent posts

←Previous Page
1 … 9 10 11 12 13 … 20
Next Page→

  • Grant Hudson House, 1012 Chesterfield Pkwy. (1917)


  • Chesterfield Hills (№ 1, 1916; № 2, 1923; № 3, 1926)


  • C. B. Collingwood House, 526 Sunset Lane (1905)


  • City Incorporation: The 1907 Charter


  • Wildwood Apartments, 308 Abbot Rd. (1913–1972)


  • Beal Botanical Gardens (1873)


  • The Bathhouses (1889–c.1915, 1903–1938)


  • Drinking Fountain, Gift of the Class of 1900


  • Library–Museum (1881)

←Previous Page
1 … 9 10 11 12 13 … 20
Next Page→

A Brief History of East Lansing

A history of Michigan State University and the college town it engendered.

A Brief History of East Lansing by Kevin S. Forsyth is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0.

About

  • Sources
  • Land Acknowledgement