Skip to content

A Brief History of East Lansing

  • Introduction
  • Timeline
Essays on the people, buildings, and events in the conjoined histories of East Lansing and Michigan State University, with a particular interest in the Michigan Agricultural College era (1855–1925), and a timeline of significant events.

Featured Post

Veterinary Clinic (1915)

When M.A.C. finally established its veterinary surgery program in 1910, a purpose-built clinic followed. Decades of additions and alterations buried it almost beyond recognition — but the Veterinary Clinic of 1915 still stands, hidden within the walls of Giltner Hall. Read More. →

Recent posts

←Previous Page
1 … 10 11 12 13 14 … 20
Next Page→

  • Library Building — M.S.U. Museum (1924)


  • Old Post Office, 327 Abbot Rd. (1933)


  • Krentel–Faunce House, 319 Hillcrest Ave. (1909)


  • C. M. Krentel House, 322 Elm Place (1906)


  • A. B. Krentel House, 709 Grove St. (c. 1910)


  • Krentel Brothers


  • East Lansing High School, 819 Abbot Rd. (1926)


  • Ridgely Park (1920)


  • Gov. Murray D. Van Wagoner House, 415 Clifton Blvd. (1925)

←Previous Page
1 … 10 11 12 13 14 … 20
Next Page→

A Brief History of East Lansing

A history of Michigan State University and the college town it engendered.

A Brief History of East Lansing by Kevin S. Forsyth is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0.

About

  • Sources
  • Land Acknowledgement