Skip to content

A Brief History of East Lansing

  • Introduction
  • Timeline
Essays on the people, buildings, and events in the conjoined histories of East Lansing and Michigan State University, with a particular interest in the Michigan Agricultural College era (1855–1925), and a timeline of significant events.

Featured Post

Veterinary Clinic (1915)

When M.A.C. finally established its veterinary surgery program in 1910, a purpose-built clinic followed. Decades of additions and alterations buried it almost beyond recognition — but the Veterinary Clinic of 1915 still stands, hidden within the walls of Giltner Hall. Read More. →

Recent posts

←Previous Page
1 … 17 18 19 20
Next Page→

  • Weather Bureau (1910—1948)


  • H. K. Vedder House, 447 Charles St. (1922)


  • Union Memorial Building (1924, 1936, 1949)


  • Levi and Ella Taft House, 446 Grove St. (1921)


  • Strathmore (1925)


  • M.A.C. Stadium – Spartan Stadium (1923)


  • Sources


  • Jacob Schepers House, 335 Hillcrest Ave. (1905)


  • Sand Hill Plantation (1898 or 1914)

←Previous Page
1 … 17 18 19 20
Next Page→

A Brief History of East Lansing

A history of Michigan State University and the college town it engendered.

A Brief History of East Lansing by Kevin S. Forsyth is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0.

About

  • Sources
  • Land Acknowledgement