Skip to content

A Brief History of East Lansing

  • Introduction
  • Timeline
Essays on the people, buildings, and events in the conjoined histories of East Lansing and Michigan State University, with a particular interest in the Michigan Agricultural College era (1855–1925), and a timeline of significant events.

Featured Post

Veterinary Clinic (1915)

When M.A.C. finally established its veterinary surgery program in 1910, a purpose-built clinic followed. Decades of additions and alterations buried it almost beyond recognition — but the Veterinary Clinic of 1915 still stands, hidden within the walls of Giltner Hall. Read More. →

Recent posts

←Previous Page
1 … 15 16 17 18 19 20
Next Page→

  • C. M. Dickson House, 505 Albert Ave. (1909)


  • Justice William W. Potter House, 334 Evergreen Ave. (1909—2021)


  • Peoples Church, 200 W. Grand River Ave. (1924)


  • Orchard Street Pumphouse, 368 Orchard St. (1934)


  • Observatory (1880–c.1915)


  • Oak Ridge (1924)


  • Chace Newman House, 368 Oak Hill Ave. (1908)


  • Michigan State Medical Society Building, 120 W. Saginaw Hwy. (1961)


  • Newell A. McCune House, 504 Abbot Rd. (1919)

←Previous Page
1 … 15 16 17 18 19 20
Next Page→

A Brief History of East Lansing

A history of Michigan State University and the college town it engendered.

A Brief History of East Lansing by Kevin S. Forsyth is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0.

About

  • Sources
  • Land Acknowledgement