Skip to content

A Brief History of East Lansing

  • Introduction
  • Timeline
Essays on the people, buildings, and events in the conjoined histories of East Lansing and Michigan State University, with a particular interest in the Michigan Agricultural College era (1855–1925), and a timeline of significant events.

Featured Post

Veterinary Clinic (1915)

When M.A.C. finally established its veterinary surgery program in 1910, a purpose-built clinic followed. Decades of additions and alterations buried it almost beyond recognition — but the Veterinary Clinic of 1915 still stands, hidden within the walls of Giltner Hall. Read More. →

Recent posts

←Previous Page
1 … 16 17 18 19 20
Next Page→

  • Masonic Temple, 314 M.A.C. Ave. (1916)


  • A. A. Lauzun House, 1628 E. Grand River Ave. (1929)


  • Linda E. Landon House, 447 Grove St. (c. 1918)


  • Laboratory Row (built 1885—1909)


  • Edward Porter Kinney House, 829 E. Grand River Ave. (c. 1903 – c. 1987)


  • Howard Terrace (1888–1922)


  • C. D. Woodbury House, 415 M.A.C. Ave. (1903)


  • Williams Hall (1869–1919)


  • The Three Wells Halls

←Previous Page
1 … 16 17 18 19 20
Next Page→

A Brief History of East Lansing

A history of Michigan State University and the college town it engendered.

A Brief History of East Lansing by Kevin S. Forsyth is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0.

About

  • Sources
  • Land Acknowledgement