Skip to content

A Brief History of East Lansing

  • Introduction
  • Timeline
Essays on the people, buildings, and events in the conjoined histories of East Lansing and Michigan State University, with a particular interest in the Michigan Agricultural College era (1855–1925), and a timeline of significant events.

Featured Post

Veterinary Clinic (1915)

When M.A.C. finally established its veterinary surgery program in 1910, a purpose-built clinic followed. Decades of additions and alterations buried it almost beyond recognition — but the Veterinary Clinic of 1915 still stands, hidden within the walls of Giltner Hall. Read More. →

Recent posts

←Previous Page
1 … 12 13 14 15 16 … 20
Next Page→

  • H. A. Childs House, 343 M.A.C. Ave. (1911)


  • Central School, 325 W. Grand River (1917)


  • Cedar Bank (1900)


  • Campus Theatre (1950–1988)


  • Landon–May House, 243 W. Grand River Ave. (1902)


  • Professor Ernest Everett Bogue


  • Gov. Wilber M. Brucker House, 621 M.A.C. Ave.(c. 1923 – c. 1999)


  • Liberty Hyde Bailey School, 300 Bailey St. (1922)


  • Charles W. Bachman House, 929 Roxburgh (1937)

←Previous Page
1 … 12 13 14 15 16 … 20
Next Page→

A Brief History of East Lansing

A history of Michigan State University and the college town it engendered.

A Brief History of East Lansing by Kevin S. Forsyth is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0.

About

  • Sources
  • Land Acknowledgement