Skip to content

A Brief History of East Lansing

  • Introduction
  • Timeline
Essays on the people, buildings, and events in the conjoined histories of East Lansing and Michigan State University, with a particular interest in the Michigan Agricultural College era (1855–1925), and a timeline of significant events.

Featured Post

Veterinary Clinic (1915)

When M.A.C. finally established its veterinary surgery program in 1910, a purpose-built clinic followed. Decades of additions and alterations buried it almost beyond recognition — but the Veterinary Clinic of 1915 still stands, hidden within the walls of Giltner Hall. Read More. →

Recent posts

←Previous Page
1 … 13 14 15 16 17 … 20
Next Page→

  • Babcock–Sanford House, 437 Abbot Rd. (1907)


  • Orvil J. Ayrs House, 320 M.A.C. Ave. (1915)


  • Bungalow Knolls (1915)


  • The College Hospital (1894–1924)


  • Home Economics (1924)


  • Hillcrest Village Apartments, 540 Glenmoor Rd. (1937)


  • W. O. Hedrick House, 220 Oak Hill Ave. (1909)


  • Hays House, 605 Butterfield Dr. (1937)


  • Harry Harvey House, 527 Elizabeth St. (1915)

←Previous Page
1 … 13 14 15 16 17 … 20
Next Page→

A Brief History of East Lansing

A history of Michigan State University and the college town it engendered.

A Brief History of East Lansing by Kevin S. Forsyth is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0.

About

  • Sources
  • Land Acknowledgement