Skip to content

A Brief History of East Lansing

  • Introduction
  • Timeline
Essays on the people, buildings, and events in the conjoined histories of East Lansing and Michigan State University, with a particular interest in the Michigan Agricultural College era (1855–1925), and a timeline of significant events.

Featured Post

Veterinary Clinic (1915)

When M.A.C. finally established its veterinary surgery program in 1910, a purpose-built clinic followed. Decades of additions and alterations buried it almost beyond recognition — but the Veterinary Clinic of 1915 still stands, hidden within the walls of Giltner Hall. Read More. →

Recent posts

←Previous Page
1 … 14 15 16 17 18 … 20
Next Page→

  • Johnson W. Hagadorn House (1905—1972)


  • Gymnasium (1916)


  • Glen Cairn (№ 1, 1926; № 2, 1938; № 3, 1939)


  • Giltner House, 652 Hillcrest Ave. (1924)


  • Farm foreman’s house (1869—1930)


  • Faculty Row № 9, 217 Beech St. (1884)


  • Engineering Shops (1885—1916)


  • Engineering Building (1907—1916)


  • The Double Row of Elms

←Previous Page
1 … 14 15 16 17 18 … 20
Next Page→

A Brief History of East Lansing

A history of Michigan State University and the college town it engendered.

A Brief History of East Lansing by Kevin S. Forsyth is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0.

About

  • Sources
  • Land Acknowledgement