advertisement

Introduction

Origins

The City

Collegeville (1887, 1895)
College Delta (1898, 1899)
Oakwood (1899)
Cedar Banks (1900)
College Grove (1903)
Fairview (1904, 1905)
College Heights (1904)

Charter of 1907

Avondale (1913)
Bungalow Knolls (1916)
Chesterfield Hills (1916)
Ardson (1919)
Ridgeley Park (1921)
Strathmore (1925)
Glen Cairn (1926)

The Campus

Chronology

1855–1870
1871–1885
1886–1900
1901–1915
1916–1927

 

Interactive Map

Sites on the National and State Historic Registers

Complete list of
Significant Structures

Sources

Harry Harvey House, 527 Elizabeth St. (1915)


Harry Harvey House, November 2003. Photo Credit: Kevin S. Forsyth

Harry Harvey (1864–1932) and his wife Louisa Ann (Light) Harvey (1870–1971) were both born in England and emigrated to the U.S. around 1911. They arrived in East Lansing by 1915 and built this house in which Harry resided until his death, and Louisa until around 1945. Harry worked as a machinist for the Michigan Screw Company, a subsidiary of the REO Motor Car Company. The house appears to be a good example of the Craftsman style, but otherwise its significance to the East Lansing Historic Commission is not known to this author.