advertisement

Introduction

Origins

The City

Collegeville (1887, 1895)
College Delta (1898, 1899)
Oakwood (1899)
Cedar Banks (1900)
College Grove (1903)
Fairview (1904, 1905)
College Heights (1904)

Charter of 1907

Avondale (1913)
Bungalow Knolls (1916)
Chesterfield Hills (1916)
Ardson (1919)
Ridgeley Park (1921)
Strathmore (1925)
Glen Cairn (1926)

The Campus

Chronology

1855–1870
1871–1885
1886–1900
1901–1915
1916–1927

 

Interactive Map

Sites on the National and State Historic Registers

Complete list of
Significant Structures

Sources

Bungalow Knolls (1916)

The land north of College Heights was later platted into “Bungalow Knolls” by Chace Newman and Drs. Hallman and Giltner. It was at this time that Hickory Court was changed to Hillcrest, as the cul-de-sac became a street that extended further to the north.

Giltner House, 652 Hillcrest Ave. (1924)

Next: Chesterfield Hills