College Heights (1904)
Map by the author, based on Newman, 1915.
Chace and Emma Newman purchased 10 acres of land immediately west of Oakwood plat and created “College Heights, the city’s original skyline drive.”[Towar, p. 48] Hillside Court was connected to the “fadeaway termination of Oakhill Avenue” (since detached), and Hickory Court (now Hillcrest Avenue) was created.
|Jacob Schepers House, 335 Hillcrest Ave. (1905)|
|Chace Newman House, 368 Oakhill Ave. (1908)|
|Krentel–Faunce House, 319 Hillcrest Ave. (1909)|