Marble House, 690 N. Hagadorn (1849)
Marble House, November 2003. Photo Credit: Kevin S. Forsyth.
Farmhouse of the John P. Marble family, which gave its name to the surrounding local community and fledgling school district. A nearby historical marker refers to it as the Sturges-Marble House, and implies an addition in 1860, the same year as Marble’s donation of land to build the first Marble School. The house is now used as a day care center.